|Time out for some golf levity; poking good fun at ourselves|
|May 5, 2020|
Like many of you with time off from work, I have been cleaning the house and finally got to my office.
I found the box that contains all the articles I have written for the Bluffton Sun. After looking through more than 300 articles, I found the first article I wrote. It was published Dec. 18, 2007.
I had just moved here from Georgia, where I went to the University of Georgia. I have a doctorate degree in adult education with an emphasis in gerontology. I have always been interested in how seniors learn.
Being from Georgia, I am also interested in and have enjoyed the comedy of Jeff Foxworthy. He is probably best known for his commentary on "rednecks." Many of us have enjoyed "You know you are a redneck when ..."
For a little levity during this time of coronavirus uncertainty, here is my version of comedy: "You know you are a senior golfer when ..." I definitely can relate to many of these statements.
Enjoy and have a good laugh. (PS: The last one really is my dream.)
You know you are a senior golfer when:
• 8 a.m. is a late tee time
• You remember when golf tournaments were broadcast in black and white
• Your set of clubs contains all woods and hybrids
• After every shot, you ask your playing partners, "Did anyone see it?"
• You have an attachment on the grip end of your putter to help you get the ball out of the hole
• You remember when woods were made of wood
• You "lay up" on Par 3 holes
• You put on your glasses to read putts
• You constantly talk about how long you used to hit the ball
• Your playing partners often say "At least it was straight"
• Your backswing barely makes it to perpendicular, let alone parallel
• You really don't care what your golf swing looks like
• You dream about shooting your age for 18 holes
Dr. Jean Harris is an LPGA Master Professional and teaches at local courses. firstname.lastname@example.org; golfdoctorjean.com
You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!
Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: